When in BC 2 first of all check, if the reminder feature is activated at all. You can do it in the Settings → Reminder → General → Reminder mode → Status bar alarm/Popup.
Remember also to always keep your calendars with reminders activated/visible in the app. Only then your OS will receive the information to fire the reminders. The Android will not activate any notification from a calendar, which is not visible in BC. To do it, please use the Favorite Bar or activate the color box icon in →Calendars & task lists. In →Calendars & task lists → pencil icon, please make also sure, that you didn't deactivate the reminders for that particular calendar.
When it comes to Android settings, there are various elements which can contribute to the malfunctioning of the reminder feature. They are very device specific, but as a rule of thumb you can assume, that your reminders will not play, when a battery optimization mode is activated. Android kills the reminders in order to prolong the life of your battery. So please make sure, that BC 2 is added to not optimized apps in the Android settings. Usually you will find it under →Battery.
On the Android Oreo devices it is necessary to allow BC to run in the background. This in Android OS Settings → Apps → App-Info → BC 2 → Battery → Background activity.
Please also take a look on the overview of the various devices and their settings:
- Samsung: On those devices there is a setting to hibernate the apps. It is a new optimization setting of Samsung. If your reminders are not working, it is probably because your BC got added to that mode. In the Settings → Device Maintenance → Battery → Unmonitored Apps → you should add BC to the list of unmonitored apps. Don't forget to disable the battery saving mode as well and reboot your Samsung device. If you have Android Pie (or higher) installed, make sure to disable → Put unused apps to sleep and → Auto-disable unused apps to prevent killing the background processes by the system.
- Sony: if you’re failing to see reminders on your Sony device, it is most probably because the stamina mode is activated. To disable it go to the Settings → Battery → Menu → Battery optimization → and add BC 2 to not optimized apps.
- Huawei: there are various settings to bear in mind on Huawei devices. First in the Settings → Advanced settings → Battery manager → Protected apps → please look for BC and add it to the list of protected apps. Further in the Settings → Apps → Advanced → Battery optimizations, you should exclude BC from being optimized. This way BC will be ignored in the process of saving the life of the battery. Also in the Settings → Notification panel & status bar → Notification center → BC 2 → activate both →Allow notifications and also →Priority display. You may want to restart your device afterwards. On Huawei Lite devices you may also want to allow BC to start automatically. This in the Android OS Settings → Apps → BC → Battery → Autostart.
- Xiaomi, Redmi: Firstly as usual disable the battery saving mode. This in the Settings → Additional Settings → Battery and Performance → Manage apps’ battery usage → turn the mode off. Then you will have to enable the autostart of BC. To do so open the → Security app → Permissions → add BC to Autostart. Finally, summon the → Task Manager → BC → drag it downwards until the padlock icon appears. Restart your device.
- OnePlus: The not working reminders on the device have to do with a battery management function. To solve the issue, go to the Settings → Battery → Battery Optimization → Menu icon → All apps → click on BC → and choose the command → Don’t optimize.
- Asus: You will have to allow BC to autostart in the background, otherwise the autostart manager will block the alarms. To do so, open → Auto-start manager → allow BC to start automatically in the background.