What's your idea for Business Calendar 2?

Google Calendar Reminder's in Business Calendar

Looks like there is an API for this now!
https://developers.google.com/google-apps/calendar/concepts/reminders

Can we please get these Google Calendar Reminders in Business Calendar 2 now?

120 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Protonus shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Al Gator commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Kinsprit, my sentiments exactly. quite unfortunate, as I love BC2 and have been using it for many years

• PCybele Muller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to sync Google reminders with BC2 would be a great feature. If the developers refuse to develop a desktop or online version of BC2, and if users are forced to sync with Google if they want to access their calendar across devices, then at least develop features that are as comparable to Google as possible. Syncing BC2's tasks with Google tasks is weak and unreliable.

• onkl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Wouter: The google reminders are a sort of mix between calendar events and tasks. They don't belong to an event, but are a separate entry, like "Remind me to call x at 10 am". So far ta reminder behaves like an event.
        However: They will automatically carry over to the next day until marked as completed, which is more like a task.
        I can imagine it is quite difficult to implement, because it is not just a syncronization issue, but would also create a new concept/entity in the app.
        Still, I would also like to see this implemented, since it looks like a useful addition to tasks/to do lists.

• Wouter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this different from events that are supported by BC2 for years? Calendar events have reminders, i.e. to tell you 30 minutes before that you'll have your dental appointment. What's new about this Google Calendar Reminders?

• Marcin Lewkowicz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would give 1000 votes if I can.
        It's REALLY important feature because as other says Tasks are not stable enough (synchronization is getting lost too often).
        Please implement. :)

• Jerimma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really essential to have in BC2! I can't see my tasks in my online calendar and I can't see my reminders in BC2...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, implement this, it becomes more and more important as people are going from Google Tasks to Google Reminders.

Once I went from using reminders instead of tasks, I went to using Google Calendar app.

I am occasionally checking to see if it is implemented ao I can go back to using business calendar.

Feedback and Knowledge Base