share calendar settings as: Public / Private / "Title"
It would be nice to be able to share an event's title, but hide its details (ie set the calendar or event's share settings to "Title Only").
Even better would be the ability to have a separate field called "Masked Title", allowing the user to set a custom title to show to the public that overrides the default event title that is shared.
The ProPosed Settings
Calendar/Event Share Settings:
- . Public- shares the event title and all even'ts Details.
- . Title Only - shares only the title of the event.
- . Private- shows only free/busy.
Event's Name / Title Settings:
- Additionally the event's title should have a check box on the right side called "Mask Title";
- upon checking "Mask Title", a textbox appears below the events title, allowing the user to type a "Masked Title" of the event that is more suitable for sharing.
The Status Quo
Currently in google calendar there is no way to share the title of calendar events, but hide the details.
- If you set an event to "private", then the event shows as "free" or
- If you set an event to public, then the event shows ALL details
There is NO option to set an event or calendar to "private" (thereby hiding event details) and still show a custom title for the event (it will only show free/busy).